Do you think that an image used in your website is just a fancy accessory that has nothing much to do beyond being an ornament? Well, it is time to brush up your Internet marketing knowledge and update them a bit. What you need to catch up on is the new marketing strategy and that is image SEO. The sudden buzz surrounding images is completely because images tend to connect with viewers at a much faster pace than text. Stats reveal, the human brain reads images 60,000 times faster than text. So what are you waiting for? Splash in some images and make heads turn.
A Quick Glance at the Tips You must follow for Image SEO
- Images must have a Proper Name – While writing any blog, we provide an appropriate title for it with relevant keywords. Same goes for images as well, if you are planning to use the image for SEO purpose, then the relevant keywords need to be placed tactfully while uploading the image. Keyword rich title along with meta-description is a must if marketing the images well is one of your agendas.
- Alt Tags should be Well Optimized – Alt tags are more commonly known as text alternatives for images. Alt tags add great value to your website specially while marketing it with the help of various SEO strategies. The easiest ways to spot the alt tags is by hovering your mouse over that image to see the text created for the image in question. If you boast of an e-commerce website, then alt tags are a must to increase the visibility of that image on the web search.
- Image Sizes should be Customized – Some quick facts – consumers don’t give more than 3 seconds for an image to download when browsing from the laptops and the seconds go up to 5 when its the mobile. So the file size of the image needs to be given a lot of importance. If the file size is huge, then the loading time goes up and that is a big turn off for viewers. To enhance viewer experience compress the images and increase the page load speed.
- Importance given to Image Dimensions – In e-commerce websites the focus is always on the products. So keep in mind that the dimension of the images should be optimized to give maximum viewing experience to potential buyers. All the angles of the products should be given equal focus. Since it is the virtual world where buyers cannot hold the product and check for themselves. It is important that you allow them to have a full viewing experience.
- Know the Image Type You can Use – The three most common file types are PNG, GIF and JPEG. However, all these 3 file types serve different purposes. JPEGs are used in case of icons and for the simplified images. The best part about JPEG images are that it can be compressed. For low quality images the GIF type is most suited. The surprise element over here are the PNG images, because they are quite popularly becoming the alternatives for the GIF type.
So if you are planning to add value to your website by giving in more pictures, then please look into these points. We all know blog marketing is important but that in no way means we do not give our fair share of importance to the SEO work that needs to be done for our images.