Social bookmarking is one of the tried and tested Internet marketing strategies. For many SEO professionals who are old school in their approach of promoting and marketing a website, this is one strategy they just cannot ignore. Well, by stating old school, in no way does that imply that the young bunch of Internet marketers does not pay much heed to it. On the contrary, it is still considered to be the recipe to taste success. These 5 questions are mostly doing the rounds among the budding marketers who are waiting to let the virtual world sweep them off their feet.
5 Common Questions Asked by Budding Internet Marketers
1. What is it? – There are several social bookmarking sites where people interested in social bookmarking needs to create a profile. You get to bookmark your favorite websites by putting in appropriate keywords as tags. In this process, you eventually make a collection of your own bookmarked websites with appropriate “tags” in the form of keywords. All these different keywords can form different categories, something which you can boast off since it is your collection. Having a site means having friends and followers and they can see your collection.
2. How does it work? – The greatest advantage it has is, you get to organize and store all your information under your own profile by categorizing them with different tags. Social bookmarking sites also help you to make strong connection with other people who are part of your profiles. How? They might be interested in some of your categories and would glance through some of your bookmarked websites and the topics you have selected. That’s not all. A common interest would generate a mutual exchange of knowledge on the similar topics.
3. What is the connection with SEO? – Activities in these bookmarking sites open up several doors of communication, connection and exchange of knowledge. The main purpose of SEO is to ensure that a particular website is flooded with web traffic. And what better way to achieve it than social bookmarking. Come to think of it, if your collection of bookmarked websites boast off informative content in the form of blogs, infographics or videos, then it is obvious that you will have a lot of traffic.
4. What is it leading to? – The technology that you will require for social bookmarking is not complicated and even with time and advancement in this field, the process will never have any complexities. Executing it is simple and allows you to show off your collection. Bookmarking websites is almost like maintaining your own library of collections. And the more diverse the collection the better it, there is tremendous scope for communication and chat through comments.
5. What are its impact? – Tagging information and building a huge resource out of it is great way of maintaining your own inventory of information. Often we lose track of the information we have, bookmarking the websites are a great way of going back to finding it a couple of months later. The tags are the different categories and so retrieving it just by clicking on the right category is enough for you to find that piece of information you were looking for. Needless to say, that it is impacting the world of SEO in a big way with overwhelming results.
If there were the common questions that flashed across your mind, then heave a sigh of relief to have found the answers finally.